Rentals reservations are encouraged and may be made online, by phone, or in person.
- If online, please make sure you receive a confirmation from us confirming that the items will be available on your requested date and time.
- In some cases, if your requested item is already rented, returned late, dirty or damaged, from another renter, we may need to replace it with a similar item of equal value.
- Reservations are not complete until the rental fee has been collected online, by phone or in person.
We understand that unforeseen circumstances and schedule changes happen. So if you need to cancel your reservation, we will not charge you if made with enough notice (see below).
- Rental fees are fully refunded if cancellation is made 48 hours in advance of pick –up.
- No refund will be given if less than 48 hours’ notice is given.
- Rentals are by the hour
- For example, if you pick up a kayak rental at 3pm you must return at 4pm If it is a two hour rental, you have until 5pm to return it.
Valid personal ID/driver license is required for all rentals.
- Rentals on all kayak, damage charge of $500 will be charge on your credit card on file.
- A charge to your credit card, can result in one if items are lost, stolen, damage or not returned the same day of rental.
Pick up and Returns
- Rentals can be picked up and returned at the Cove Island Park Boat Ramp, 1125 Cove Rd, Stamford, CT 06902, anytime during our business hours. A $100 fee will be charged for any gear returned outside of store hours or left outside. Renters are liable for the full retail price of stolen items left outside while the business is closed.
- Late returns will be charged the "Extra hour Rate" for each additional hour the item is out. Help us fulfill our commitment to other renters by returning items on time!
- No refunds will be given for early or unused returns.
- Kayak Rental Business Hours daily from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Lost, Stolen or MIA Gear
Items that are lost, stolen, or not returned will be charged at full retail.
Damaged , Dirty or Wet Gear
A minimum charge of $15 will be applied to each item returned damaged, dirty, or wet.
All participants must read and sign a liability release waiver and acknowledgement of risk form releasing Elina Swim & Sportswear and all of their officers, agents, and employees from liability. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign on their behalf. Click on the icon for a copy to print, sign, and return.
Loading and Unloading Boats
Please keep in mind that you are on your own at your kayaking destination!
Please keep in mind that you bear responsibility for how you choose to transport your rental kayak and all liability associated with it; for example, if the boat scratches the roof of your car or slides during transport due to being improperly secured.